If you’re anything like me, you’re a big fan of formulas…
They have a way of widdling down a massive goal into a simple set of steps…
And once you get the formula nailed down, you feel almost invincible…
Like there’s nothing you can’t accomplish.
Which is why I lay out a simple 5-step start-up formula to help you build your best physique fast in my free book, Bulk Up Fast (grab your copy here).
And in this article, I’m going to give you an inside look into my Bulk Up Fast formula.
So grab a pen and paper and jot the following formula down to start chiseling away at your physique today!
Step 1: Find Your Why
If you’re going to commit yourself to reaching a particular goal over any period of time, you better understand why you want to reach that goal before figuring out what you need to do to get there…
Because it’s the why, not the what, that’s going to keep you motivated throughout the journey.
So step 1 of this formula is pretty simple: Why do you want to build your best physique?
What’s your motivation?
For myself, I wanted respect. I was tired of walking around with a scrawny 107-pound frame in my 20’s, looking much younger and irresponsible than I actually was. I was a 23-year old man trapped in a 16-year old boy’s body…
And I was sick of it. I wanted my physique to command respect. And since I discovered my “why”, I didn’t only pack on 27-pounds of lean muscle mass fast, but I’ve helped 75,000 skinny guys around the globe do the same and am continuing to do so with my book, Bulk Up Fast.
So I’ll ask you again, why do you want to build your best physique fast?
Step 2: Know Where You Are
It’s necessary, after you discover your why, that you come to grips with where you are currently…
And from here, you’ll want to track every ounce of progress you make in the journey to build your best physique…
Because even though your why will be the main driver throughout your journey, your progress gives you some great scenery along the way.
So here’s what you want to keep track of:
- Your Weight: The first thing you should do in the morning, after using the bathroom and before your first meal is weigh yourself to get a gauge of where you’re at each day, and even to start your morning with some major encouragement.
- Measurements: Measure the size of your muscles that you really want to see grow (arms, shoulders, chest, waist, etc.)
- Snap a Selfie: When you start the muscle-building journey, it’s important to take a “before” picture. You’ll be glad you did when you look back in 4, 8 or 12 weeks. You can even take some more selfies at that point, too.
Step 3: Set a S.M.A.R.T. Goal
When starting the journey to build your best physique, you want to set an ambitious goal, but not an outrageous one…
For instance, an outrageous goal looks like, winning a natural bodybuilding competition in 3 months. That’s a great goal for a little further down the road (and you’ll get there if you understand your why) but not for your first 3 months of training seriously.
An ambitious goal (the one you should shoot for) would be to put on 12 pounds in 3 months.
Here’s the layout for a S.M.A.R.T. goal using the 12 pounds in 3 months goal as an example:
- Specific: You have a specific weight goal and a specific time goal (12 lbs. 3months).
- Measurable: You can physically measure your progress (your weight).
- Attainable: It’s a realistic goal (gaining 12 lbs. in 3 months is realistic).
- Relevant: It’s the solution to your why (gaining 12 lbs. in 3 months will help you to have more confidence when you start your next college semester).
- Timely: You have a deadline (3 months).
To set the best S.M.A.R.T. goals for building your best physique fast, grab your free copy of Bulk Up Fast here.
Step 4: Forget Everything
I’m a former skinny guy, meaning that I’ve been exactly where you are now…
I’ve discovered my why, taken my before photos, set my S.M.A.R.T. goals and now, I want you to discover the thrill of building your best physique, just like I’ve done…
Which is why I want you to check out Bulk Up Fast.
Every method I’ve laid out for you in the book will help you to put on the most muscle in the shortest amount of time – not to mention, all of the methods are backed up by actual scientific research.
The bro-science “must-haves” for muscle growth need to go out the window…
- You need to eat 6 meals a day to build muscle
- If you want to gain weight you need to get on the see-food diet
- You need to chug protein shakes after each workout otherwise you’ll lose gains
- You have to eat “clean”
It’s all nonsense.
In fact, all of these principles have been debunked by science…
Which is why you should grab Bulk Up Fast now. I’ve already bought your copy for you.
Step 5: Man Up!
The steps required to build muscle are simple…
But they aren’t easy…
So if you’re looking for an easy ride on the way to a top-notch physique, well, you won’t find one.
And this brings us back to your why.
Ditching out on the journey to build your best physique will leave you in the exact same place you’re in right now.
Think about it…
Taking up a different hobby, like chess or drawing (as interesting as they may be) won’t help you reach your why for building more muscle. It simply can’t. And as a result, that void (wanting more respect, more attention from girls, to enter a physique competition one day, etc.) won’t be filled.
There will be moments throughout this journey when you just don’t feel like doing what needs to be done to reach your goals… Do it anyway…
Because when you can do what needs to be done, even when you don’t feel like it, you’ll reach your goals.
So man up and don’t look back!
So there you have it guys…
The 5-step start-up formula to build your best physique fast.